Second, here is the first of two paintings for the fundraising customer. It is entitled 'Rockport Harbor' and is done in oils. The painting is done on stretched canvas board and will be sold including the frame pictured.
I also re-ignited my fascination of Dr. Suess' The Lorax. Yes, I cannot wait to see the movie, but I also am remembering how much I enjoyed and still enjoy the book. For that reason, I began working on a few watercolors from The Lorax. The first is a 8 x 10 watercolor and ink of the truffula trees which the Lorax protects. There will be two more watercolor and inks completed. When they are done, all three will be sold together on Etsy as well as individually.
Visit the Lorax and the rest of the Suess characters on Suessville for some fun! You'll even be able to make your very own you! Let me introduce you to me, Lola Sala-Ma McFuzz! How fun!
Fourth, it is sad news that Jan Berenstain of the Berenstain Bears books passed away at the age of 88. Jan and Stan wrote books about a family of bears and the trials they went through on a regular basis. Each story taught the readers that life is not perfect, but that anyone can overcome any obstacle that is put in front of them. Read the books to your kids or for yourself and remember the goodness and kindness of Jan Berenstain.

No comments:
Post a Comment