11 September 2011

New items for sale!

With the custom Fathoms Below completed and shipped, I turned the muses to a slightly different feel in the ocean: coral reefs.  Although I am an open water type person, I do enjoy seeing the massive variety of animals and plants a reef can contain.  Some of my favorite field trips as an instructor were to different reefs around Florida, showing the students just what kind of cool things live out there.

In order to initiate some of the viewing of the coral reef world, I am pleased to introduce you to the Queen Triggerfish and the Anemonefish and Anemone...appropriately named for what is entailed in the drawings! They both were originally inks, modeled after sketched I have previously done.  Although I have not encountered anemonefish (you know, a clownfish....Nemo, if you will), I did enjoy working with them in the various places I have...worked.
So, enjoy them here, enjoy them on Etsy, enjoy them in your house if you care to purchase them!  

Please excuse the appearance of the photographs: the scanner is down and these were done rather quickly (giving the slightly altered angles!)

Anemonefish (Nemo!) and Anemone 8 x 10 watercolor and ink in 11 x 14 white matting.
Queen Triggerfish 8 x 10 watercolor and ink in 11 x 14 white matting.
 If you like these or any other pieces on Etsy, don't forget to favorite the items!

No comments:

Post a Comment