30 January 2012

Bragadocious

I really am not one to toot my own horn, really, I'm not. I am, however, excited about the few pieces I have posted on Etsy since the post last week. I don't have much, but what I do have posted, I adore! First off, a couple of photographs have made it into the OOD store.  First, we have 'Man at the Wheel', a close up of the statue of the same name located in Gloucester, Massachusetts. It is a beautiful statue, commemorating all those who have been lost at sea.

'Man at the Wheel' -8 x 10 photograph available at  OOD.
The second photograph is of another iconic subject in New England, the Motif No. 1 in Rockport, Massachusetts. Only a few miles away from Gloucester, Motif No. 1 is one of the most painted and photographed buildings in New England, if not the United States. It has a history almost as old as Rockport making it a strong representative of the area. Soon, you will be able to see more images of Motif No. 1 on flickr

The Wall of Motif No. 1 - 8 x 10 photograph available at OOD.

Aside from these photographs, I have finally finished the long-awaited crochet project I have been working on. It is one that I am quite proud of and I am excited to make more similar pieces. Behold, the Octopus Scarf! Nearly 8 feet long and crocheted with acrylic yarn, the scarf is supremely warm and can be wrapped around for added warmth. The suction cups on the arms add a little flare and make it seem as if an octopus might actually be holding on for a ride!



Aside from the joys of these three pieces, I have also been commissioned to create pieces for a fundraiser auction being held in April!  The two pieces will be 11 x 14 oils on canvas of New England maritime scenery. As they are completed, they will be posted on here and OOD on Etsy for anyone who may want a version of their very own!

No comments:

Post a Comment